I love to connect ideas, convene people, and catalyze change.
Right now I am having a lot of fun serving as the executive director of TOGETHER Bay Area, a regional coalition of local Native American organizations, nonprofits, and public agencies working for climate resilience and equity.
I organize and mobilize people in order to build relationships and make change. I am endlessly fascinated by people and groups of people. I’m all about collaboration. I am learning and unlearning about systemic racism, and working to leverage my privileges for justice, equity, and belonging. I like a good hashtag.
I live with my family in the ancestral, stolen lands of the Ohlone peoples where Chocheyno is still spoken today.
I’ve got a thing for dark chocolate, going for long runs, exploring new places, understanding environmental history, and listening to baseball on the radio (Go Giants!).
Some of my teachers include:
- My family
- The non-human beings around us, the lands under us, the skies above us
- The UNTraining program for white liberal anti-racism
- Facilitating For Change workshop by Peter Forbes
- Accelerating Change, June Gunter, Toula Ousouljoglou, and everyone from Kaiser Permanente’s consulting services back in the day
- Dr. Manuel Pastor‘s writing, especially this one
- Margaret Wheatley‘s writing, especially this one
- Hope in the Dark by Rebecca Solnit
- Facilitating Organization Change by Glenda Eoyang and Edwin Olson
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin
- The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker